« Home | Ian Rankin, crime author » | Garden of Remembrance » | I told you I was freaky » | Last days of the last house II » | Mamore Lodge Hotel, and me » | Toad1a » | Sunbeams Over The Scott Platform » | Me » | Autumn on the Sutor » | Autumn Glow » 

Tuesday, November 10, 2009 

The Old Man of Hoy


The Old Man of Hoy, originally uploaded by Mountain and Shore.

"It was fairly unique conditions, I scrambled down there during a hailstorm on the off chance it would pass, and it did about 5 minutes before the sun went down. I think the wet rock and low sun combined to really bring out the red in the sandstone. I also forgot the quick release for my tripod so I had to balance the camera on a rock for the 4 second exposure. I took photos until another hailstorm hit then had to find my way back to Rackwick in the dark whilst being pelted by hail with no headtorch!"

The Flickr Scotland Blog

  • A Photo Blog where photographers from all around the Scotland, and visitors to the country, capture the best of the nation's places, people, history, views, scenery, buildings and architecture, townscapes, cityscapes and culture.

    And of course the quirky....

    The Blog has been featured in the Sunday Herald Magazine and has been highlighted on the Flickr Blog.

    The Flickr Scotland Blog is run by Calum and Victoria, strongly supported by Pamela

Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates